Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Merry Ides of March: A Plan, I May Has One

Or, How the hamster hopes to kick into gear again --

When I started up this blog, I hadn't counted on the sheer amount of material I was about to produce and toss up on it -- it was a grand time, but I couldn't maintain it forever and I only hurt myself by trying, especially after a few events (the most significant of which has nothing to do with gaming) put me in a place where I just wasn't writing my best. 2010 kept up that feeling of burnout compounded with other unpleasantness and the motivation just wasn't there.

But that's enough of that --

I had intended for 2011 to start off better, but crazed holidays, dental surgery and a phenomenally bad extended flu (I don't remember almost half of January ~!) kind of squashed that flat. Until now.

Starting with the beginning of March, I'm going to try to start posting at least semi-regularly again. I can't guarantee the output of my first year, the length of some of those posts or even always the same kind of material; but I'll be giving it a shot to at least be posting something that might see some use ;3

The Blogging From A to Z April Challenge (as passed along by Chris from the Vaults of Nagoh over here) also looks rather intriguing, I have to say ~

Let's give this a shot, shall we?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even if your future output is but a fraction of what you've written in the past, it will be well worth the wait. Thank you.

Christopher said...

Agreed. Your stuff is awesome and I'm excitedly looking forward to seeing more of it!

trollsmyth said...

Sounds great. I'm hoping to be a bit more prolific myself, but it's been a mixed bag so far. ;p

If I can help, just drop me a line.

Knightsky said...

It's great to see that you'll be posting again on a regular basis. Heck, there were times I couldn't keep up with your output, so don't worry about a slower pace.

David The Archmage said...

As you were one of the original bloggers that got me to join up, I'll be thrilled to see you back more regularly on my to read list!

taichara said...

Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, everyone :3 I'll do my best to live up to it --

The Rubberduck said...

You've got some great stuff. I'm starting up a megadungeon campaign, so I've started to copy your monsters over in a document. I'm toying with the idea of only using monsters from the blog for the campaign, but I'll probably end up mixing some classics in too.

But once I've gotten all your monsters put into a pdf with bookmarks, do you want it?

taichara said...

@The Rubberduck:

I'm glad you're enjoying the critters here enough to use them all like that! :D And I'd love to see the pdf, certainly ~