Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Inspiration from odd places

On rpg.net, a spambot popped up in a thread and (among other randomness, presumably), posted the following:

There are vampires in caves and forts all over Cyrodiil, and Daedra Hearts can be found in the realm of Oblivion.

A poster noted "That's quite poetic for a spambot." I think I'll take it one step further, and see what I can't whistle up as game inspiration -- with a few name changes and whatnot of course -- from such an interesting~ little spambot ...

3 comments:

C'nor (Outermost_Toe) said...

Argh... That sounds like he's quoting us. I just wish I knew why.

taichara said...

@C'nor:

Yeh, I plugged the unique words into Google and found exactly there, which is why I'll be changing names if I do dream something up. (I'm probably not thinking of anything that much resembles Elder Scrolls in any case X3)

It might just be a random webpage scrape added to a spam post; I don't know what the actual post was about because it was deleted and I only snagged the quote from another poster's comment. But the thread was about Vampire: the Masquerade, so the spambot probably just posted something with the word "vampire" in it.

-C said...

Odd that the comment happens to be explicitly true.