Friday, May 22, 2009

One Page Dungeon: Chantry of the Earthflame

After a bit of musing (and a wee bit of reluctance over the idea, I admit), I figure I'll throw my submission for the One Page Dungeon contest up here for people to have a look at.

For me, by far the best part of the exercise was discovering that yes, I can actually draw a dungeon that has more than five to ten rooms in it! *grins* Not that Earthflame is especially huge, but I consider it something of an achievement nonetheless ~


7 comments:

Chris said...

Wow. Someone blew the budget on elaborate decoration. It's so pretty I'm almost hesitant to Greyhawk the place. ;)

taichara said...

@Chris:

Hah. Go ahead and Greyhawk it -- and I want to see the results, because it should be nifty ;D

Not every den of treasure and critters needs to be dire, says I. Sometimes a place like this will throw the PCs (and the players!) off enough that they'll let their guard down ... muahaha.

And yet I didn't actually describe all that much ~ ;3

Anonymous said...

Nice!

For mine, I actually went with a smaller dungeon than I usually use - less than 10 rooms all told. Gave me extra space to put descriptions into the dungeon key.

taichara said...

@rpgcharacters:

Hehehe! We both went in the opposite directions -- my usual dungeons are more like this or this, so I figured I should better add more rooms for a "proper" dungeon. Or something like that ;3

I'm glad you liked it!

gbonehead said...

Is this still available somewhere? The posted link has expired ...

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I second gbonehead's comment! I want to see this!

Anonymous said...

Shame. Just found this and the link doesn't seem to work.