Every once in a while, a goblin or orc or bandit carries some small object that's just a little, well, odd. Not always valuable (or understandable; just how did a goblin get some of these things anyway?), these little trinkets may provoke a moment's curiosity or add a bit of flavour to the tiniest of treasure hoards ...
01. An assortment of crushed and pungent herbs packed into a perforated tin sphere the size of a large walnut
02. Three dessicated honey-glazed frogs, one half-eaten
03. Four silver coins, pierced and strung on a rawhide cord alternated with five polished claws
04. A crumpled wad of leather on which is written a love letter to an orcish warlord in perfect courtly language
05. Three slender golden bangles, each hung with a single fingerbone
06. A small bottle of waxed wood (contains 1 - poison, 2 - elven spirits, 3 - blood, 4 - quicksilver)
07. A copper coin whose edge has been honed razor-sharp (watch your fingers, thieves!)
08. A lucky elf ear
09. 1-6 polished and red-etched knucklebones, used for gambling
10. A tiny ivory carving of a curled-up lizard; every time it is looked at, the posture seems to have changed slightly
11. Five obsidian arrowheads tied around their tangs with red rawhide
12. A bone comb etched with geometrical designs
13. Four large seeds kept in a twist of coarse wool coated in wax
14. A small glass flask containing a tiny (1 hp) jelly
15. Bark-paper broadsheet proclaiming a volunteer drive for the next hobgoblin horde
16. 1-6 pieces from an agate chess set
17. An assortment of small bone boxes containing cheek rouge, kohl, etc etc ...
18. A string of roughly shaped, small freshwater pearls
19. A silver holy symbol from a Lawful church, carefully wrapped up in leather
20. A curved horn knife, still stained with blood and bits of silvery feathers
02. o_o Honey... glazed... Were they dessicated before or after the glazing?
03. That actually sounds quite nifty.
05. Serviceable enough if one removes the bones.
10. Wow, that's make me paranoid. X3
14. EEEEEE baby jelly! #^o^# Wuzzee gonna release it someplace particular, I wonder? Hmmmm~
15. Oh ho! A veritable plot-hook, sir!
19. Cue angsty second-guessing and self-doubt?
02. Little of column A, little of column B ...
10. Hehehehe ;3
14. So cute! So deadly! X3
15. Indeed. And what kind of advanced critters are we talking about --
19. Possibly. Or random shrugs, depending on the adventurer --
14. Precisely! And then there's the problem of not accidentally drinking and/or freeing the critter before you find out what it is! I for one would not think "is this a jelly?" before opening a flask.
Well, not unless I had previously encountered jellies transported in this fashion.
19. Or righteous indignation, on the assumption that the trinket was taken from someone -- possibly someone who had been killed! >O
Post a Comment