Saturday, July 25, 2009

Monster: Kekir

Kekir
Armour Class: 2
Hit Dice: 2**
Move: 120' (40')
climb 120' (40')
swim 120' (40')
Attacks: 2
Damage: 1-6/1-6
No. Appearing: 2-20
Save As: F3
Morale: 8
Treasure Type: D
Alignment: Chaotic
XP Value: 30

Slick-fleshed and pallid -- even while oozing and drooling brackish "blood" -- kekir are spindly-limbs and blank-gazed creatures. Though they may resemble weed-choked, dark-haired humans, no human possesses the blank corpse-white eyes of a kekir -- and no true human is little more than clinging, syrupy black fluid bound into shape under a film of skin. Kekir may dissolve their bodies at will into living ropy puddles of inky fluid that seep through any unprotected crack.

Whether attacking with spindly claws or lashing liquid whips, a kekir strikes twice, inflicting 1-6 hit points of damage with each strike. If both attacks hit a single target the kekir will try to ooze into the victim's breathing passages, causing death by drowning in four rounds unless a save vs. death is made and the kekir forced out. A light spell cast on the victim will allow another saving throw.

Weapons of all kinds, enchanted or no, pass through a kekir's fluid body, inflicting only half damage.

4 comments:

trollsmyth said...

Ew!

I love it. ;D

By the way, do you have any "mid-level" Earth or Fire Elementals waiting in the wings? I may need some soon, as one of my games has a shot of ending up on the Plane of Fire in the near future.

taichara said...

Hehehe ;3

It depends on what you mean by "mid-level" ...? I have some critters (that were written for the elemental project) but I'm not certain that they would be what you're looking for ...

trollsmyth said...

I mean something between the more powerful critters like the saviah and gefirir and your "least" elementals.

Specifically, I'm looking for guard, guardian, or mercenary-level elementals. Guys fit for the roles of shock-troops, pirates, sentinels, or even grunts.

taichara said...

I may have some middling critters but I'll have to check; I'm not certain they'll fit what you need, but it doesn't hurt for me to go look ;3

It might take a day or two, though --