As soon as I think of a viable alternative to Orbitfiles, I shall expand this list and post another download link --
1. A heavy lacy ruff, woven of filaments from a phoenix's plumes
2. A puzzle-ring of gold and black iron composed of four intertwining serpents
3. A palm-sized ivory coffer, filled with undyed silk floss; at the centre of the floss is nestled a starpearl nearly an inch in diameter
4. Twenty blue squirrel pelts, trimmed with white velvet tassels and silver thread.
5. A pair of elbow-length gloves of cloth-of-gold, tapestry woven and embriodered in scarlet with a pattern of scales
6. An assassin's claw-ring in silver and frosted steel, the claw resembling an eagle's talon
7. A crudely made and sealed pottery amphora, 1 1/2' tall; it contains 13 finger-sized bars of silver, a handful of twisted coils of gold, and a tiny golden statuette of a vulture-headed human
8. A ceremonial shield, wooden and faced with white-and-black blotched oxhide; the edges of the shield are trimmed in gold and copper, and a central golden boss rests in a panel of green dragonhide
9. A pair of skewer-like hairpins of pearly steel tipped with seed-pearl tassels; sharpened, they may function as needle-sharp daggers
10. Three worn volumes of ancient Mafdet desert-cat poetry, bound in serpentskin with touches of gilding
11. A nose-ring of electrum, mounted with a central jewel of blue jade and granulated gold
12. A double-edged, finely balanced dagger of pale steel; the central rib of the blade is a thin glowing vein of cinnabar, and the grip of plaited silver wire
13. A thick-walled, heavy basin or crucible of obsidian, its walls carved with standing feathers in high relief; the interior holds a bloodstain, as if from three hearts
14. A snugly-fitting cap of tiny sapphire beads, with brow-band of silver
15. An ornate robe composed of countless brilliant butterfly wings
16. A necklace or girdle of six twisted ropes of pink seed pearls, the strands periodically broken by beads of gold and red coral shaped like fangs
17. A black iron ring, heavy and rounded of surface, and bearing a signet of entwined briars picked out in garnet and fine gold wire
18. A smooth teardrop-shaped pendant of white-flecked green jade; secretly a locket, if pressure is applied in the right places it reveals a hollow filled with ashes and tiny bone fragments
19. Four copper torcs with brightly enamelled bosses at their terminals, wrapped in a courier's packet of tough red leather
20. A statuette in fire agate and rough garnet depicting a red dragon diving through waves of flame
21. Six delicate golden vials chased with arabesques and capped with crystal, each containing an ounce of rare musk
22. A slim silver diadem, its brow-point ornamented with an aquamarine flanked by two black pearls
23. A cavalry sabre from the Glittering Sands; of watered steel and etched with stylized wind-scrolls, it is hilted in cloisonne-work of lapis and jade and sheathed in a bronzewood scabbard edged with lion-fur tassels
24. Five oval cabochons of rose quartz, tucked within a small pouch of thich brownish-black wool
25. A full set of acupuncturist's needles and blades in black iron mounted in rosewood, stored in a rosewood case inlaid with carefully-proportioned glass glyphs of red and gold
Some of those sound absolutely beautiful. The butterfly robe especially!
But blue squirrel pelts?
Yes, blue squirrel pelts! :3 Tis very traditional, even ~
Treasure/art objects lists are always handy. when i want to throw in plot hooks I put in paitings, ex-voto, merchant trade bars (impressed with town and guild) and idols of forbidden gods.
Most compromizing or "hot" stuff to sell ;)
ps: for web space/backup try www.getdropbox.com
Yes indeed! Sometimes the plot hooks just write themselves because of what the PCs do. X3
And thank ye kind for the link!
I just gotta say I love the visual aspect that you bring to your creations' descriptions. Every critter, magic item, and treasure, just beautiful!
The items in this list sound beautiful. It's enough to make a body come over all greedy! ;3
Longtime admirer of your creations... and I fully agree with BigFella: your entries are like tiny little pieces of poetic treasure, each unto themselves.
Thank you for the inspiration!
Post a Comment